Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor. The Melrose Trading Post is an antiques and collectibles market held every Sunday at Fairfax High School, on the corner of Melrose and Fairfax in Hollywood.
Due to a limited number of spaces, we have set the following vendor booking guidelines.
To Be Eligible to Book Ahead of Time:
- One must sell antiques, collectibles, art, handmade items, non-wearable vintage items, one-of-a-kind items, items made with recycled materials, repurposed items and eco-friendly items to be able to book a space ahead of time.
- To book regularly, your presentation must stand out from the crowd. We want our customers to be visually inspired by your booth!
- A strong social media presence is also taken into consideration when allowing vendors to book in advance.
- Creativity is key.
If You’re Eligible…
STEP 1: Come check out the market! Every Sunday the management team sets up a yellow tent in the southwest corner of the food court from 12-1pm and 1:30-2:30pm. This is where we handle future bookings up to one month in advance. We can accept money orders and credit/debit cards in person from new vendors. On the first Sunday of each month, we open up bookings for the following month. All non-permanent vendors come to our tent at noon and we conduct a raffle to determine the order that everyone will be helped. This is our fair way of giving eligible vendors an opportunity to get a good space.
STEP 2: Book over the phone! Call our office early in the week that you would like to sell (Monday morning is best). Over the phone you can only book for the upcoming Sunday with Martin. He accepts credit/debit card payments only. We receive 50+ phone calls each week, so be sure to leave a detailed message. It may take 24-48 hours for Martin to return your call. The office phone number is 323-655-7679 Ext 103.
STEP 3: If we are sold out of spaces to book for the week, you can come through our stand by line. If you are a vendor who sells non-wearable items, you will be called ahead of anyone in line who sells anything wearable. To join the stand by line, enter through the Fairfax and Clinton entrance of the market. The stand by line is directly inside of the school’s campus on the blacktop parking lot. We ask vendors to start lining up at 5:30AM, which is when we open the gates to the school. Martin takes every vendor’s names down at 6:45AM and we start selling spaces at 7:45AM. Vendors with non-wearable merchandise have a 90% chance of getting a space through the stand by line.
- Through the Stand By Line - Each Sunday we have a stand by line that starts around 5:30am at the Fairfax and Clinton entrance of the school (and continues through the blacktop parking lot). This line of cars usually has mostly vendors with wearable items, but also has some vendors with antiques and collectibles. We give first choice to those with antiques, collectibles and art only. We then allow those with wearable items to book a space for that day. We take names down at 6:45am and start selling spaces around 7:30am. Vendors with wearable merchandise have about a 75% chance of getting a space through the stand by line.
- Through the Opportunity List - This rotating list was created to give vendors with wearable merchandise the chance to book ahead of time on the 2nd Sunday of the month. Vendors who are booked through the Opportunity List will have their booth set up and merchandise evaluated for future booking consideration. If you are chosen to book through the Opportunity List you will be contacted via email or phone the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the 2nd Sunday of the month.
Click here to download the OPPORTUNITY LIST APPLICATION.
Click here to download our INFORMATIONAL BROCHURE.
Call Martin at 323-655-7679 Ext 103 or email him at Martin@MelroseTradingPost.org!