The Melrose Trading Post was founded in 1997 at Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, CA by Whitney Weston and Pierson Blaetz as a part of their non-profit organization, Greenway Arts Alliance. Greenway Arts run a professional 99-seat theatre on Fairfax Avenue and runs arts education programs and workshops at Fairfax High School.
Melrose Trading Post in the Media
Magazines and Blogs
- Trek Savvy – Featured Los Angeles Destination
- Afar.com – 17 Awesome Flea Markets in the World (Pictured Above)
- Work it Berk – One of Our Favorite Fashion Blogs
- WeLikeLA.com – 13 Things Your Dog Really Wants To Do With You in Los Angeles
- Huffington Post – An article about business owner, Brittany Keeler mentioning that her company occasionally opens a booth at MTP
- Mail Tribune – Here are the real best things to do in Los Angeles, according to locals
- Flea Market Zone Article – Going Social
- Citizine.tv – WRDSMTH Interview
- Citizine.tv – Jelani Johnson Interview
- Guest of a Guest Blog – Our Favorite Flea Markets Worth Rummaging
- Racked LA – LA’s 24 Best Vintage Stores and Fleas to Explore Right Now
- Huffington Post – LA Stories
- Huffington Post – Daytime Dates in LA
- Krrb.com – 11 Favorite Flea Markets on Instagram
- EventBrite – 7 Flea Markets and Swap Meets to Find Treasures in LA
- Racked LA – Street Style Looks at the Melrose Trading Post
- The Culture Trip – The LA Vintage Lover’s Shopping Guide
- Racked LA – LA’s Best Flea Markets for Vintage Treasure Hunting (#6!)
- Day Maker Los Angeles
- Seattle Pi – Feature on the Melrose Trading Post!
- LA Locals Love – Melrose Trading Post
- Daily Bruin: Cents of Style Five Tips to Help Navigate the Bustling Melrose Trading Post
- Trust Me, I’m a Local on Cheap-O-Air
- EC Los Angles Blog Feature
- Stay Boutique Magazine – Feature in “Sundays in LA” (page 69)
- LA-Ist’s 7 Best Places to Dog Watch Around LA
- Full In Bloom’s Beck Pop-Up Announcement
- Park La Brea News / Beverly Press – “Greenway Arts Alliance celebrates 20 years of supporting Fairfax High School”
- Broadway World Los Angeles – “BWW Interview: Greenway Arts Alliance’s Whitney Weston & Pierson Blaetz Talk Flea Markets, Teaching Kids & Loving LUCY”
Thank you to everyone who is compelled to write about or take photos of the Melrose Trading Post.
Continue the good work!
Melrose Trading Post Marketing
- On Sundays, large banners are up along the perimeter of the campus facing Melrose and Fairfax Avenues.
- The Melrose BID donated street pole banners on Melrose Avenue (Fairfax to Spaulding) showcasing MTP and Greenway’s programs.
- Two billboards went up within a mile of the market in 2017 in celebration of our 20th anniversary.
- Publications we advertise with or have been featured in include: Amoeba’s Biannual Magazine, “Music We Love,” San Fernando Valley Business Journal, LA Times, Daily News, West Coast Peddler, The Acorn, LA Weekly, ABC 7’s Eye on LA, KPCC’s The Frame, RoundUp News, Huffington Post, and more.
- We utilize many popular online publications such as ExperienceLA.com, LAWeekly.com, Yelp, RackedLA, Daily Candy, Discover Los Angeles, Lonely Planet, KPCC.org, GuidePal, and more.
- Our social media accounts are thriving! Connect with @MTPFairfax or @MelroseTradingPost on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Yelp!! We use social media accounts to promote vendors, musicians and promotions throughout the week and on market days.
- Search our favorite ####Hashtags for collections of market photos: #MelroseTradingPost, #MusicofMTP, #PeopleofMTP, #DogsofMTP #ShopLocalLA and #TradingPostTrees