The Melrose Trading Post was founded in 1997 at Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, CA by Whitney Weston and Pierson Blaetz as a part of their non-profit organization, Greenway Arts Alliance. Greenway Arts run a professional 99-seat theatre on Fairfax Avenue and runs arts education programs and workshops at Fairfax High School. By posting, blogging, and getting the word out about Greenway Arts and MTP, you are helping us grow. Thank you!
MTP in the Media – Posts and Stories about the Melrose Trading Post Created by local media and the community
- Trek Savvy – Featured Los Angeles Destination
- Afar.com – 17 Awesome Flea Markets in the World (Pictured Above)
- Work it Berk – One of Our Favorite Fashion Blogs
- WeLikeLA.com – 13 Things Your Dog Really Wants To Do With You in Los Angeles
- Huffington Post – An article about business owner, Brittany Keeler mentioning that her company occasionally opens a booth at MTP
- Mail Tribune – Here are the real best things to do in Los Angeles, according to locals
- Flea Market Zone Article – Going Social
- Citizine.tv – WRDSMTH Interview
- Citizine.tv – Jelani Johnson Interview
- Guest of a Guest Blog – Our Favorite Flea Markets Worth Rummaging
- Racked LA – LA’s 24 Best Vintage Stores and Fleas to Explore Right Now
- Huffington Post – LA Stories
- Huffington Post – Daytime Dates in LA
- Krrb.com – 11 Favorite Flea Markets on Instagram
- EventBrite – 7 Flea Markets and Swap Meets to Find Treasures in LA
- Racked LA – Street Style Looks at the Melrose Trading Post
- The Culture Trip – The LA Vintage Lover’s Shopping Guide
- Racked LA – LA’s Best Flea Markets for Vintage Treasure Hunting (#6!)
- Day Maker Los Angeles
Thank you to everyone who is compelled to write about or take photos of the Melrose Trading Post.
Continue the good work!
TP Marketing Efforts
- On Sundays, large banners are up along the perimeter of the campus facing Melrose and Fairfax Avenues.
- Publications we advertise with or have been featured in include: Amoeba’s Biannual Magazine, “Music We Love,” San Fernando Valley Business Journal, LA Times, Daily News, West Coast Peddler, The Acorn, LA Weekly, RoundUp News, Huffington Post, and more.
- We utilize many popular online publications such as ExperienceLA.com, LAWeekly.com, Yelp, RackedLA, Daily Candy, Discover Los Angeles, Lonely Planet, KPCC.org, GuidePal, and more.
- MTP Vendor Team offers free stickers and flyers for vendors to pass out.
- Our social media accounts are thriving! Make sure to connect with @MTPFairfax or @MelroseTradingPost! We are using social media accounts to help promote vendors throughout the week and on market days. Add us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Yelp!
- Search our favorite Hashtags for awesome collections of market photos: #MTPfairfax, #PeopleofMTP and #DogsofMTP