Welcome to the New Vendor Information Page!
Follow Steps 1-4 and you’ll be booking a space in the market in no time.
STEP 1: Determine Your Merchandise Category – 1 or 2
We are currently looking for vendors who sell merchandise under the following categories:
- Original and Collectible Artwork & Prints
- Unique Non-Wearable Handmade Items
- Mid-Century Furniture and Home Decor
- Non-Wearable Vintage Items
- Non-Wearable One-of-a-Kind and Rare Items
- Non-Wearable Items made with Recycled/Repurposed materials
- Eco-Friendly Items
- Vendors with Inspiring/Developed Business Concepts
Vendors with this category of merchandise are eligible to book in advance every Sunday according to booth availability.
Category 1 Merchandise: If you fall under this category, fill out our Online Vendor Registration Form, download the Vendor Handbook, and read through it to learn how to book a space in advance.
Because of the relatively small size of our market (250 vendors), we need to maintain a balance of merchandise. The items listed in Category 2 are currently abundant in the market. New vendors who sell these items are only eligible to book a space in advance for the 2nd Sunday of the month or any Sunday through the morning Stand By Line:
- Handmade or Vintage Jewelry
- Vintage or Locally Designed & Handmade Clothing (No “Wholesale” or “Bulk” Clothing from Downtown)
- Crystals and Minerals
- Handmade and Vintage Shoes
- Purses (ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTERFEITS)
- Uniquely Decorated Device Accessories
- Vinyl Records
- Some Imported Goods
- Shabby Chic Furniture
While there are a few exceptions, the booth’s display, business concept, marketing, and quality of merchandise would have to be outstanding.
Category 2 Merchandise: If you’re booking a space for the 2nd Sunday or through the Sunday Morning Stand By Line, fill out our Online Vendor Registration Form, download the Vendor Handbook, and read through it to learn about our booking procedures.
Notes About the New Stand By Line Procedures
Starting October 9th our stand by line procedures are changing:
- On Sunday mornings the Stand By Line vendors drive onto campus through the Fairfax & Clinton entrance of the school (and continue through to the blacktop parking lot) between 6:30AM-7AM.
- Mostly vendors with Category 2 items come to the stand by line, but some vendors with Category 1 items who were unable to book a space during the week or on a past Sunday.
- Once the vendor team has set up their work station, add your name to the raffle for your category of merchandise (1 or 2). At 7:30AM the Category 1 Merchandise raffle will take place, followed by the Category 2 Merchandise raffle. The raffle determines the order that vendors get a look at which spaces are available to purchase. The selling of spaces starts at 8AM.
- Stand By Line vendors must fill out the online registration form and read the guidelines in the MTP Vendor Handbook prior to coming to the market.
- New Vendors: Please check in with the MTP vendor team prior to the raffle so we can qualify your registration form and create an account for you within our sales system. If you do not know your merchandise category, the staff can help you determine it at this time.
STEP 2: Download the MTP Vendor Handbook
This document includes: FAQ’s, Stand By Line Procedures, Booking in Advance, Terms & Conditions, Policies and Guidelines, Safety and Loading and Payment Policies. Review this document prior to booking and selling. Basically everything you need to know about getting into the market is in this document. If you read it, you will be empowered to book a space according to your schedule.
About the Vendor Handbook
This document contains all vendor information, especially in the FAQ section. Familiarize yourself with the documents that describes the vendor requirements for selling and what is required to become a permanent vendor. The vendor handbook is being updated to include the new stand by line procedures listed above.
[Updated October 2016]
STEP 3: Download the Market Map
About our Neighborhood: Melrose and Fairfax
The Melrose Trading Post is at a crossroads of two very popular Avenues in Los Angeles, Melrose and Fairfax. These two streets have personalities of their own, featuring local businesses, coffee shops, restaurants and art galleries. Learn More About Melrose Avenue and Fairfax Avenue.
STEP 4: Still With US? Awesome!
READ the Important Notes then proceed to the Registration Form.
- After you have registered, follow the directions in the MTP Vendor Handbook for booking a space according to your Merchandise Category. Registrations are not replied to individually due to the large volume received each week and the limited availability of spaces.
- REMEMBER: By purchasing a booth at Greenway Arts Alliance’s Melrose Trading Post, you are agreeing to the policies, procedures and guidelines in the MTP Vendor Handbook.
- Absolutely no drugs or alcohol allowed at the market… it’s a high school campus!
- After you have filled out the registration form, call Ash at the vendor booking line so he can confirm your information was received.
- When you book a space at our market, you will be signed up for our vendor e-newsletter to receive updates and reminders about the market that may impact your Sunday.
REGISTER HERE AFTER READING THE IMPORTANT NOTES ABOVE